Super Easy Sunday Roast
It just doesn't get any easier than this! The night before, you take the still frozen roast from the freezer and put it in your slow-cooker. (If you don't have a slow cooker yet, I highly recommend getting one, they make cooking such a breeze...). Add your seasonings, cover (almost) with liquid (water, beef broth, some wine), set on "low", and the next evening it's ready and so tender!
- 4 lb JX Ranch Roast, any
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch mesquite seasoning
- pinch salt, pepper add any seasoning you like, these are just suggetions
- plenty water, beef broth, (red wine)
- Take still frozen roast and place it in slow cooker
- Add liquid to almost cover roast, about 3/4 of roast. I use a mix of water or beef broth if I have some, and I like to add a cup of red wine. You can add a bottle of coke too, I never tried it but have heard of it.
- Add your seasonings of choice. Mine are Garlic Powder, grill/mesquite seasoning, chipotle seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Close lid, set to "low", and leave till the following evening. The meat will be so tender you can hardly get the roast up without it falling apart! Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy, or fried sweet potatoes, and something green. Yum.