- 2 lb JX Ranch Hamburger meat
- 1 pinch salt, pepper, garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce or Claude's Brisket Marinade optional
- 4 slices cheese Swiss or American, but please, not Velveta!
- 1/4 sliced onion
- 1/2 cup frozen green chile, or fresh such as Bueno or Hatch. We like the "hot" chile...
- 4 hamburger buns
- Thaw two pounds of JX Ranch Hamburger Meat. Mix in the salt, pepper, garlic salt, and if desired also a little bit of Worchester sauce or Claude's Brisket Marinade.
- If you're lucky enough to have our super handy Hamburger Press, place the meat on the press and make a nice hamburger with an indentation in the center so the meat cooks evenly from edge to center. If you don't have one, form your paddies by hand, and try to flatten the center so they are evenly thick throughout.
- Place on hot grill to sear outside on both sides.
- Lower heat by closing the lid, turn hamburgers a couple of times until done..
- Add the cheese slices in the last minute so they can melt a bit over the meat. Tom also likes to stick the buns on the grill for a minute.
- Serve with chopped New Mexico green-chile, sliced onion, and whatever else you like to go with it.