Meatloaf for the Soul
- 2 lb JX Ranch Ground-Beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk or half & half if you want to make it extra yummy...
- 1/4 cup Worchester sauce rather less than too much...
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs or regular bread crums
- pinches salt, pepper, cumin, garlic salt and or any other seasonings you like
- 1/4 cup green chile optional
- 1 tomato
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 pinch Basil fresh if you have, dry is fine too
- Mix all ingredients( except the last three) together and place in a meatloaf pan.
- Decorate top of meatloaf with slices of tomatoes sprinkled with a little olive oil and basil.
- Place in 350 degree oven for 50 - 60 minutes until done. Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans for happy bellies around the table!