One Dish Pot Roast - cubed
This dish you throw together in the morning, and when you come home you have a whole dinner done and ready to serve!
- 1 3 - 4 lb JX Ranch Roast any roast will do, but Rump or Arm would have the least fat
- 2 envelopes Dry Onion Soup or one whole onion, chopped
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup Beef Broth or Red Wine ...or water
- 3 potatoes, cubed or cut in half
- 4 - 6 carrots, cut in 1" lenghts
- 5-7 cloves fresh garlic, minced or chopped
- While the roast is till partially frozen, cut into nice large chunks (2 - 3 " thick). It's much easier to cut the meat when it still slightly frozen than completely thawed...
- Place the meat chunks in slow-cooker, or in a deep oven pan.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and garlic
- Mix the cream of mushroom soup and the broth and/or wine in a bowl and pour over everything.
- If using slow-cooker, put on "low" and cook all day (10 - 12 hours). If using a pan, cover tightly with foil and bake in oven at 275 for 4 - 8 hours.
Mimi's Tip: This is a really neat recipe when you know you won't have much time to prepare a meal later, or know you'll be too tired to.