Order your Custom Cut whole, half or quarter beef
Dry-aged 21 days!
- We offer two yearly custom butchers – In the fall we have our hugely popular Big Fall Beef Round Up when we harvest 40 yearlings for some 100 customers throughout New Mexico, most of whom are longtime loyal customers of JX Ranch. We offer free delivery to Alamogordo, Edgewood, Santa Fe and Las Vegas, New Mexico. We are usually sold out by the end of July or early August, so be sure to get your order in now! Please call or email Mimi if you have any questions or need some help with the order.
- In the early spring we offer a much smaller butcher (usually 5 – 10 yearlings only). Because of the limited number of yearlings harvested, please get your order in early. For this butcher, you pick up your meat at our custom butcher Fort Sumner Processing in Fort Sumner.
The order process is simple; pick one of the two order forms JX Ranch Package Order Form (whole, half and quarter beef) or Select Order Form (half and whole beef orders only), submit and pay the deposit – and you’re done! When the meat is ready (dry-aged a full 21 days, cut and wrapped into individual packages with your name and the content of the package printed, flash-frozen, boxed up and weighed) I will send you an invoice through PayPal with the balance on your order. You only pay for the pounds of meat you actually receive, no confusing pricing based on “live weight”, carcass or hanging weight”!
JX Ranch Package Order Form
This is a simple, straight forward cut sheet for whole, half, and quarter beef orders with just a few choices to make.
JX Ranch Select Order Form
This form is for whole and half beef orders ONLY and allows for a wider selection of custom cuts.
2016 Fall Custom Cut Beef Testimonials
I just wanted to send a quick e-mail to you to thank you. Your beef is always the best quality and it is always a pleasure to do business with you.
Mike L., Albuquerque, NM
Thank you, Mimi, for the fall round up and delivery in Alamogordo. What a help this is. We are looking forward to enjoying your great beef again. Thank you again for the meat, the spatula, and the delivery.
Mack and Gayrene W., Las Cruces, NM
Thank you for offering the best meat around 🙂 Such a gift to know you!
Kristin Y, Albuquerque, NM
The beef that we bought from you this fall is excellent, as usual. I have tried several of the cuts and have been very pleased with all of them. Because of allergies and sensitivities to many things added to our foods, your beef is the only beef I can easily and comfortably digest. Thanks for making great food available to us!
Cynthia B., Clovis, NM
I am definitely going to order again this fall. We love the beef and the way its cut. Perfect.
Rob Hutchison, El Paso, TX
The beef is, as always, great! We are enjoying the various cuts of meat and learning new recipes is keeping us busy…the meat is too good to waste on bad recipes. 🙂 We appreciate your efforts, and will definitely be buying another quarter next year.
Jason R., Albuquerque, NM
We are enjoying our beef very much! The quality is exceptional as usual!
B. Atkinson, El Paso, TX
Every cut of beef from this cow has been very very tender. The beef almost tastes like the cow ate butter every day. LOL!!!! Very tasty. We are very pleased. Thank you very much for what you do and keep the beef coming.
R & L Aragon, Clovis, NM
Everything is perfect!! Thanks for making it so easy.
Kristi B., Glencoe, NM
How it Works
When your meat is ready – for the fall butcher usually end October early November, and for the spring butcher usually end of March – we will let you know how many pounds of meat you’ll receive, an send you an invoice for the balance. In the fall, as a courtesy, and to save you the drive to Fort Sumner Processing to pick up your meat, we offer free delivery to meeting locations in Edgewood, Santa Fe, Las Vegas, and Alamogordo*.
On the order form, you have the option of a voluntary contribution of $10 towards delivery – always appreciated, never required. If you cannot meet us at the appointed time and date, you will need to pick up your meat from Fort Sumner Processing as soon as possible. Spring butcher customers pick up the meat at Fort Sumner Processing.
Many of our customers get together with friends or family to split a whole or half beef for cost savings. If you split an order with someone you both still pay the lower price per pound but can still submit your own cut sheet.
What it Costs
With us you pay only for the total pound of meat you actually receive. Current prices, all inclusive, are $8.50/lb for a quarter beef order, $8.25/lb for a side (half beef) order and $8/lb for a whole beef order. The amount of meat you will receive will depend on the size of your beef at the time of harvest, which depends on what kind of year we’ve had. But a good estimate would be that for a whole beef order you would get anywhere from 300 – 350 lb of meat, on a half beef order from 150 – 200 lb and a quarter beef order would give you around 85 – 100 lb.
If you want to compare our prices to what others may charge “on the hoof”, where they charge you a price per pound of live weight of the animal, with us you’d be paying the equivalent of around $2.58/lb of live weight. Because it can get so confusing pricing by live weight, we make it so simple – you pay for the meat you actually receive, not what the animal weighed at the ranch!
For the fall butcher, we usually are sold out by the end of July or early August, and for the small spring butcher we are usually sold out by end of January, so do get your order in early. Let us know if you have any questions or want some help with either form. We will post on the order forms when we are sold out.
Free Delivery Information
* For our free fall delivery to Edgewood, Santa Fe, Alamogordo and Las Vegas, NM – Please understand that we are offering this service as a courtesy and are not responsible for your meat – should anything happen en-route such as break-down, delay or accident, we will attempt to contact you by calling the cell number you have given us so you can come pick up your meat. We have never had a problem, but have to be realistic; things can happen.
The price is per pound of meat you receive and includes:
- Life-long grazing on our native pastures and care (check on them daily, free-choice salt/mineral supplementation, hay in the winter when snow, break ice when waters frozen etc)
- Livestock inspection fees
- Transportation to our custom butcher in Fort Sumner – Fort Sumner Processing
- Butcher’s processing costs (butcher, hang (dry-age) 21 days in a temperature controlled cool-room for ultimate tenderness and flavor), custom cut and wrap as per your instructions on your order form.
- Drive to Fort Sumner Processing and load your meat, and drive to your meeting location in New Mexico – Edgewood, Santa Fe, Alamogordo, Las Vegas (local customers including Clovis/Portales/Tucumcari customers pick up their meat at Fort Sumner Processing.